12th Annual Morton Deutsch Awards for Social Justice- Call for Student Papers, Deadline Feb 12th
The Morton Deutsch International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution (MD-ICCCR) at Teachers College, Columbia University, is sponsoring the 12th annual Morton Deutsch Award for an Outstanding Graduate Student Paper on Social Justice.
Morton Deutsch, one of the world’s preeminent psychologists, has made significant contributions over the many years of his career in the areas of conflict resolution and social justice. The Morton Deutsch Awards are designed to recognize innovative scholarship and practice in the area of social justice.
A trophy award plus $500.00 will be awarded to a graduate student within the Columbia University system for an outstanding paper related to social justice.
- The paper may address the issue of social justice in any context with a clear conceptual framework and from any disciplinary perspective.
- Papers will be evaluated on:
- Degree of innovative thinking and sound analysis
- Recommendations for remedying identified situations
- Contribution to scholarship, practice, and policy
- Papers should be 20 to 30 pages in length (send as a .doc or .docx format, double-spaced, 1” margins, Times New Roman, 12pt font)
Papers are due February 12th, 2015 (by 11:59pm EST).
Papers should be emailed as an (MSWord) attachment to email@example.com.