Graduate level, paid internship with AC4 – Apply before Sept 5!
AC4 Communications & Administrative Support
To apply: send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 5pm (EST), Tues, Sept 5, 2017
Background: AC4‘s mission is to engage with and support interdisciplinary theory, research and practice related to violence prevention, constructive conflict resolution, peacebuilding and sustainable development at Columbia University with aim to promote sustainably peaceful societies. By connecting students and thought leaders at Columbia University and with larger community in NYC and around the world, AC4 aims to create opportunities for applying science to generate novel solutions for addressing some of our most pressing social and environmental challenges. The Communications and Administrative Intern role will provide support for communication, coordination and community building of the transdisciplinary network at CU working on peace, conflict and sustainability.
Anticipated Intern Tasks: The Intern will work with AC4 Team to assist with communications and event management, which would include organizing, writing, and distributing news items and special announcements, and supporting on various communication media, e.g., the AC4 website; social media; monthly newsletters; marketing/ publicity and event planning. In addition, this role will assist Program Manager to maintain website, social media and mailings, holistically and on special requests as needed (creating graphics, providing technical support, coordinating blogs or writing content; e.g., featured profiles). Also, this role provides support on general office administration. Finally, this role will also assist Program Manager on logistical support for AC4 Fellowships and special projects as needed.
- Interest in contributing to the field of conflict resolution and Columbia University
- Familiarity with Columbia departments related to conflict resolution, peace and sustainable development
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal presentation presentation skills; social media fluency
- Comfortable with outreach and marketing including emails, social media and in-person
- Experience with data management
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Familiarity with WordPress, Mailchimp, and social media
- Capacity to develop a social media strategy
Type of Student Required: Graduate level
Time Commitment and Compensation:
- Minimum weekly commitment of 15 hours at a rate of $17/hour for up to 20 hours per week
- Attend weekly staff meetings, and bi-weekly interdepartmental meetings
- Selected candidate would start the week of September 18th for an appointment that would last throughout the academic year 2017-2018
If interested please send a cover letter and resume to Meredith Smith, AC4 Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on September 5th.
Additional details and full job description: http://ac4.ei.columbia.edu/files/2017/08/AC4Support_2017-18.pdf