Job Opening: Research Associate Position at MD-ICCCR, Teachers College
The Morton Deutsch International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution (MD-ICCCR) at Teachers College is seeking to hire a qualified candidate with advanced skills in research design, methodology, statistics, and data analysis for a full-time position.
This position will provide support and consulting expertise to students conducting research in the MD-ICCCR lab with Dr. Peter T. Coleman. Research is focused on the dynamics of peace, conflict, social change, and social justice.
The qualified candidate will hold a Ph.D. in social psychology or a related area or have an MA and at least four years of direct experience designing and implementing laboratory and applied research. Knowledge of data analysis techniques and programs is also required (e.g., SPSS) as well as being able to provide both basic data analysis and interpretation mentorship to students in the lab, and conduct analyses in support of research, including factor analyses, surface analyses, HLM, and multiple regression. Prior project management experience, especially of research projects and programs in the field of peace and conflict studies is desired. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in conflict resolution (at multiple levels) and sustainable peace. Knowledge of dynamical systems theory constructs and applications are a plus. This is a one-year term, possibly renewable, position. It is funded with “soft” (grant) money.
– PhD in social psychology or a related field; or an MA in a related field and 4 years research experience
– Advanced data analysis skills, including factor analyses, surface analyses, HLM, and multiple regressions.
– Experience with survey development
– Skilled in SPSS, R, and/or STATA
– Excellent organizational skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent academic writing skills
– Grant writing experience a plus
– Familiarity with Teachers College Procedures a plus
Link to job description and application can be found here: http://employment.tc.columbia.edu/cw/en-us/job/504191?lApplicationSubSourceID=