CMM Learning Exchange Fellowship
CMM Learning Exchange 2016 | October 14-17, 2016 | Oracle, Arizona
Application for the AC4 Fellowship to the 2016 CMM Learning Exchange is now closed.
Please read below for more information about the annual CMM Learning Exchange and this AC4 funding opportunity.
Application Deadline: 11:59 (EST), Monday, April 25, 2016
AC4 supports CMM and addresses issues of violence, conflict, peace, and sustainability
“CMM is the acronym for ‘Coordinated Management of Meaning,’ a phrase that describes what we do when we communicate with each other. The CMM Institute for Personal and Social Evolution is a connector and cultivator of all things-CMM. The Institute itself represents a diverse community of individuals and groups who engage with and learn from one another through a variety of online and in-person forums. Individual scholars and practitioners, educators and thought leaders, and institutional advocates comprise the core of the Institute’s supporters, however, the Institute’s programs and events are open to everyone.”
The CMM Institute is sponsoring its fifth annual Learning Exchange as part of its role as a connector and cultivator of all things CMM. This year’s Learning Exchange will focus on the topic of “Embodied Communication.” The intention is to bring together practitioners, researchers, academics, change agents and learners to advance our collective understanding and our practice of what embodying CMM means to us and how we enact it in our worlds.
If you are a graduate student or already have a graduate degree and are working in the area of CMM and on issues of violence, conflict, peace, and sustainability, we want to hear about the work you are doing. To offset travel expenses, AC4 will offer fellowships to graduate students and alumni of conflict resolution or peace building graduate programs, from Columbia University or other universities.
Check out the CMM Institute website for more information about this year’s Learning Exchange.
- Fellowship application deadline: 11:59PM (EST) of Monday, April 25
- In 2015, AC4 gave 5 fellowships to current graduate students and alumni of conflict resolution and peace building from around the globe.
- Students may use their fellowship to cover transportation to and from the Learning Exchange; accommodation for up to 3 nights; registration; and CMM membership.
- The fellowship is open to master’s and doctoral students from all disciplines and schools with focus on conflict resolution, as well as alumni of graduate conflict resolution programs, at Columbia University or any other university around the globe.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the following information to AC4 via the online application:
- A proposal of no more than 3 pages (double-spaced, 12 point font) describing their study or project, its scope and focus, how CMM was used, and its projected (or actual) impact and/or professional significance. Proposals can be focused on research, practice or applied research;
- Itemized budget of projected costs for travel and accommodations;
- 1 signed letter of recommendation on institutional letterhead. The letter should be tailored to the applicant’s research or project and must be uploaded using our online application system;
- Brief CV or resume (up to 3 pages);
- Unofficial transcript from current university or copy of Student ID;
- Submit all materials using this online application form.
Application Submission and Notification of Acceptance
- Submit all required materials using the online application as stated above, before the deadline of April 25th;
- All applicants will be notified via email mid-late May.
CMM Learning Exchange Information
The 2016 CMM Learning Exchange will focus on “Embodying CMM: What does this mean to us and how does this manifest in our world?”. This year’s Learning Exchange is offered in partnership with Columbia University. It will take place in Oracle, Arizona on October 14-17, 2016. Please visit the CMM website for more details: http://www.cmminstitute.net/events/2016-cmm-learning-exchange-embodying-cmm
If you have any questions regarding the AC4 Fellowship for the CMM Learning Exchange, please contact Meredith Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.