Call for Applications: 2019 New York Peace and Social Change Fellowship
2019 New York Peace and Social Change Fellowship
Applications DEADLINE EXTENDED: March 27th, 2019.
The Peace and Social Change Fellowship program is designed for practitioners and grassroots activists working broadly on issues of peace and security. This includes less commonly recognized aspects of peace and security, such as economic equity, sexual and reproductive rights, and environmental realities, among other topics. Given the collaborative nature of the program, the fellows will be selected to bring together a diverse range of experiences and to ensure that a variety of focus areas are represented.
The convening of the 2019 New York Peace and Social Change Fellowship will begin with a three day workshop in June 2019 and will be open to women changemakers based and working in New York, New York.
Following the June workshop, WPS staff will facilitate six months of ongoing communication among the fellows via webinars and email. Fellows will also receive tailored project support from interdisciplinary graduate student intern teams, comprised of graduate students across a range of background and disciplines. In December 2019, the fellows, along with WPS staff and graduate student teams, will meet for a second gathering in New York, New York to discuss and present their collaborative work.
The selection process will be based on the following criteria:
- Currently work on behalf of a New York-based grassroots-level organization or movement in the area of social justice and social change.
- Have a history of movement-building or change-making in their community.
- Have some aspect of their work related to the theme of peace and security.
- Are available for two three day workshops in New York, New York in June 2019 and December 2019.
- Are interested in receiving ongoing interdisciplinary support from WPS staff and graduate student interns.
- Are 18 years of age or older.
For more information about the 2019 New York Peace and Social Change Fellowship, please review the call for applications.
To apply, please visit the online application here.